"A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools." Spanish Proverb
Our members benefit from a variety of free medical and supportive services. Whether its annual physical exams, or specialty care for a diagnosed WTC-related condition, our specially trained staff are dedicated to ensuring our responders are treated with compassion and respect. Our goal is to help responders improve their health and provide them with all the support they need to deal with WTC-related illnesses.
Annual Health Evaluations help you track your health.
Comprehensive Medical Treatment is tailored to your WTC health needs.
Pharmacy Benefits make filling prescriptions through the Program easy.
Counseling help you learn effective ways to cope with long-term illness.
Social Services assist with financial burdens and navigating paperwork.
The Monitoring Visit
The Monitoring Visit is a free annual health evaluation offered to all WTC Health Program members regardless of your health status. As a member, you receive one free evaluation each year.
A monitoring exam is important to your health and helps you to:
1. Track changes in your health
2. Detect any WTC health problems early, when it is best to treat
3. Coordinate your 9/11 health care
What are WTC-related illnesses?
WTC-related illnesses or conditions are determined based on health data and our 10 years of experience in caring for WTC responders. We know the intense and toxic environment where you worked or volunteered. Through the program, we have tracked health trends within the WTC responder community.
Some of the common WTC-related conditions are:
Asthma, Chronic Cough, Other Lung Disease
Chronic Nasal, Sinus and Throat Problems
Acid Reflux (GERD)
Post- Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Depression, and Anxiety
Musculoskeletal disorders, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
How is the WTC Health Program Different from my Primary Care?
There are many ways this program is unique. Our focus is the WTC responder. This is very important because we have developed an integrative program that brings together a multi-disciplinary team to deal with WTC-related issues. Plus, all of our services are FREE, that means no co-pays! Also, our exams are thorough and comprehensive.
Some of the other medical benefits you could receive through the Program are:
* Periodic chest x-rays
* Laboratory tests
* Diagnostic procedures
* Regular Follow-up and specialty care for WTC- related illness
* Prescription medications
* Counseling and Education
We recognize that coping with a WTC-related illness can be stressful, for you and your family. Long-term illness may affect you emotionally and even financially. Clinical social workers at the Long Island Clinical Center can assist you during these stressful times. They help you learn problem-solving skills so you can better cope and they assist you in navigating the resources that are available to 9/11 responders like yourself.
* If you wish to learn more about our Services, please call 631-855-1200.
* If you are overdue for your annual exam, please call our office today and we will kindly help you!
Why should I become a member in the WTC Health Program?
1. All medical and supportive services are FREE and Confidential.
2. You will receive expert care from doctors who specialize in WTC-related illness.
3. Annual physical exams are VERY IMPORTANT for identifying illness early, before it progresses. Being on top of your health will benefit not only you, but those who love you.
4. Your participation will help other responders, some of whom may be sick. Valuable information gathered at monitoring exams contribute to better understanding of long-term health trends WTC disaster responders.
5. We understand. The program offers a safe space to talk about what happened at 9/11 and how it might still affect you, your family, and your work.
If you are a WTC disaster responder, worker or volunteer and are looking for:
Compassionate Health Care Professionals
Confidential and Specialized Treatment
Call Us Today! at 631-855-1200